A Step-by-Step Guide to Contributing to DPLA via OKHub
Step 1: Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Do you have an online collection?
- Do you use a content management system like CONTENTdm or PastPerfect?
- Do the items in your collection have at least a title and rights statement?
- Do you have thumbnail images for each item?
- Are you willing to work on improving collection metadata a bit?
If you answered yes to all of the above:
Step 2: Contact Sarah Milligan at the Oklahoma State University Library.
Step 3: Work with OKHub to ensure your metadata and content management system meet DPLA requirements.
- Existing metadata may need to be cleaned-up or added to during this step. OKHub staff will guide you through this process.
Once your metadata is ready, OKHub will harvest your collection. Then, DPLA will harvest your collection from OKHub. At that point, your collection has joined the more than twenty million items already in DPLA!
Still have questions? Contact Sarah Milligan.